Box Artwork by: Arash Razavi instagram.com/sketchbash/
Note: REQUIRES Apple Pencil
Presenting Oil Paint 2019 , our entirely NEW set of oil brushes built from the ground up in Procreate 4.2, taking advantage of the amazing new paint-mixing effects! These babies feel like butter, so alive and responsive. You really want to play with the pen pressure with these, as they can almost morph along the pressure curve from fine hairy marks to a full paint load.
We fully believe these are the absolute best oil brushes for Procreate to-date. Don't take our word for it, check out this demonstration gif (sped up 2x):
Oil Paint 2019 Includes:
- Master Oil 2019 - This is the first brush you see in the gif above, its your general "all-around-freakin'-awesome-brush" for oils. Not too smooth, not too rough... just right :)
- Streaky Bristle - As the name implies, this is similar to the Master Oil 2019 brush, but its more bristly! If you like "hairy strokes", this will do the trick.
- Alla Prima Detail - Ooo, this is a good one... make sure to play with the pen pressure! With a light touch you get the faintest strokes of brush hair, capable of beautiful scumbled glazes. With heavier pressure, it becomes a paint mixing dream. Really feels like you're pushing oil around!
- Fine Tip Sable - Sometimes you need a really small brush for linework, and this will do it! Its a fine line, but has all the color-pushing ability of its bigger sisters.
- Messy Underpainting - Probably the most "fun" brush in this whole set, its the one creating the big mess near the end of the demonstration above. This shares a lot of the same qualities as the Alla Prima Detail, but its bigger, badder, and crazier! So many uses!
- Super Wet - Smooth as glass! infuses your painting with super wet watery effects, great for jaw dropping blends and gradients.
Here's some more fantastic art by Arash Razavi (https://www.instagram.com/sketchbash/)
You'll need the latest version of procreate (at least version 4.2) to take advantage of all the brush features, and DEFINITELY an Apple Pencil.
Procreate 4 is here, and its amazing! You can now install a LOT of brushes at once using the new Files app in iOS 11. We recommend backing up your purchase using an iCloud account (its free), or syncing them to Files with iTunes.
First things first... USE SAFARI on iPad!
Tip Top Brush sets use the new "Brushset" file format made available in Procreate 4.2+. This is great! You can now load brushes with one single file. Once you've completed your purchase, select the blue button "access digital content" and you will be presented with a list of your purchased brush sets.
If it ends in *.brushset, it is the file you want (color swatches go in the swatches menu.)
1. Using Safari on iPad, tap the file and wait for it download (might take a few minutes if you have a slow collection, the brushes often use high resolution textures). Most sets are around 30MB, but it tells you next to the file name.
2. Now select "Open in Procreate". Done! The set can be found as a new group in the brushes menu.