Tip Top Brushes - Handmade Papers is a massive collection of handmade paper textures (133 textures), focusing on realistic lighting (photographed, not scanned!) to show off all the wonderful little bumps and surface imperfections we love so much about handmade papers.
I wanted handmade paper textures with natural lighting so I could do some papercraft-style art in Procreate and maintain a realistic look, as if my finished piece was photographed itself. I'll be honest, this illustration was pretty lame before paper-izing it! It just instantly takes on this child-like quality, GREAT for picture books!
The general workflow to do something like the box art in Procreate:
- Design your shapes either with solid brushes or the selection tool.
- Then place your paper texture on the layer above.
- Tap your paper layer, and select "clipping mask".
Thats it! You can now tweak the color, draw details on it, anything you want! You can even continue drawing on the "shape" layer to draw/paint with the texture in real time! You can also move the texture around to get it just how you like, and the shapes will stay put.
The files are in JPG format, delivered as a single ZIP file containing all the images, so will need to be unzipped, either on your iPad or at a computer.
Since this is such a great deal, the file size is rather large at around 250MB, so please make sure your internet connection can handle downloading files of this size.
What you get:
- Speckled - 33 textures
- Red and Purple - 27 textures
- Floral plants - 20 textures
- Confetti - 20 textures
- Blue and Green - 14 textures
- Plain - 10 textures
- Construction - 9 textures
- JPG Format
- 2536 x 2017 300 DPI Resolution
Below you'll find some examples of each category:
These are delivered as a single zip file containing JPG format images. You can use them with Procreate, or any other program that supports JPGs
Procreate 4 is here, and its amazing! You can now install a LOT of brushes at once using the new Files app in iOS 11. We recommend backing up your purchase using an iCloud account (its free), or syncing them to Files with iTunes.
First things first... USE SAFARI on iPad!
Also make sure you open the link in the full Safari app (it must be Safari, no other browser will work), as the side-loaded one gmail/other email apps use won’t work.
Tip Top Brush sets use the new "Brushset" file format made available in Procreate 4.2+. This is great! You can now load brushes with one single file. Once you've completed your purchase, select the blue button "access digital content" and you will be presented with a list of your purchased brush sets.
If it ends in *.brushset, it is the file you want (color swatches go in the swatches menu.)
1. Using Safari on iPad, tap the file and wait for it download (might take a few minutes if you have a slow collection, the brushes often use high resolution textures). Most sets are around 30MB, but it tells you next to the file name. Please make sure once you click the brush file name you give it long enough to download, especially if you have a slower internet connection. Once you click the link it will begin loading another page, but it won’t look like much is happening until it’s done.
2. Now select "Open in Procreate". Done! The set can be found as a new group in the brushes menu.