Introducing GOUACHE 2020 - our new flagship set of gouache brushes developed for the brand new Procreate 5.
These brushes take full advantage of the new brush engine in Procreate 5. You'll see a lot more natural color mixing, more watery/dilution effects, and more natural looking "happy accidents" with every stroke. Its really fun to get "scribbly" with these and go crazy layering strokes and colors to build up truly natural textures, perfect for illustration and now animation!
GOUACHE 2020 Includes 7 Brushes:
- Gouache Gold: The main star of Gouache 2020, this brush is super versatile and sufficient to complete an entire painting all on its own. At lighter pressures, it is capable of producing fine whispy lines for adding a touch of highlight, but press a little harder and it really opens up to a larger body with a bit more dilution. Our favorite!
- Gouache Gold Glaze: This sister to Gouache Gold is only now possible with Procreate 5's new render engine. Perfect for building up texture and layers of color, Gouache Gold Glaze is really fun to "scribble" with and just get wild. It will pick up colors beneath, while retaining the natural texture of your last stroke, pretty amazing.
- Gouache Juicy: This one is a smooth liner that starts to dilute as if its a very wet brush. Press a little harder and you can scribble out a giant watery flood of natural pigment! Great for defined lines/edges and large watery shapes/underpainting.
- Gouache Bristle Mix: Another one of our favorites! The "Mix" in its name is no accident - a very bristle dry brush that also picks up and mixes with other colors you pass it through, great for building up layers and that classic gouache dry brush texture.
- Gouache Round: This is a fully-loaded round brush! Perfect for when you need one solid but expressive gouache stroke. As with most of these brushes in P5 also picks up color and looks super flat and natural with its streaky stray bristles but consistent line.
- Gouache Round Extra Wet: Very similar to Gouache Round, but with even more amped up dilution/fluid effects.
- Gouache Bristle Opaque: Sometimes you want a bristly dry brush effect but no color mixing, instead sitting flatly on top as a finishing effect. This is for that!
Here's some detail shots from the fantastic art provided by Dean Stuart, a traditional Gouache painter:
Procreate 4 is here, and its amazing! You can now install a LOT of brushes at once using the new Files app in iOS 11. We recommend backing up your purchase using an iCloud account (its free), or syncing them to Files with iTunes.
First things first... USE SAFARI on iPad!
Also make sure you open the link in the full Safari app (it must be Safari, no other browser will work), as the side-loaded one gmail/other email apps use won’t work.
Tip Top Brush sets use the new "Brushset" file format made available in Procreate 4.2+. This is great! You can now load brushes with one single file. Once you've completed your purchase, select the blue button "access digital content" and you will be presented with a list of your purchased brush sets.
If it ends in *.brushset, it is the file you want (color swatches go in the swatches menu.)
1. Using Safari on iPad, tap the file and wait for it download (might take a few minutes if you have a slow collection, the brushes often use high resolution textures). Most sets are around 30MB, but it tells you next to the file name. Please make sure once you click the brush file name you give it long enough to download, especially if you have a slower internet connection. Once you click the link it will begin loading another page, but it won’t look like much is happening until it’s done.
2. Now select "Open in Procreate". Done! The set can be found as a new group in the brushes menu.