We are very proud to release Gouache 2019 for Procreate, a collection of painterly gouache brushes designed to feel responsive and painterly just like real gouache. These feel like real paint as you fluidly push color around the canvas with realistic paint-mixing effects. These are must-haves for any illustrator and fine artist on the go, and pair beautifully with the Apple Pencil.
As with all our products, we fully believe these are the absolute best gouache brushes for Procreate to-date. Don't take our word for it, check out this demonstration gif (sped up 2x):
Gouache 2019 Includes:
- Gouache Gold - This is my favorite of the set. Its easy to draw and paint with for gestures and dry brush detail, and It has a quick feel to it, making it very expressive.
- Bristle 1 - This brush is super nice for blocking in large areas of color, as well as layering bristly/hairy layers of color for gob-smacking effects painterly effects. These brushes are very unique as the bristle patterns NEVER repeat, they feel very organic and lend themselves to happy gouache accidents :-)
- Bristle 2 - I felt it was important to include two bristle brushes, one for large blocking in, and one with a slightly different look that's capable of finer, smaller work. They pair beautifully!
- Round - Less bristly, more thick and opaque, a bit of a smoother/fluid feel with a bit stronger paint mix effect. This is right up there with the Gouache Gold as an all-around favorite and flexible go-to brush.
- Round Extra Wet - This one is extra special!! It may not seem like it at first, but you can slowly drag it around while apply pressure to get these GORGEOUS watery blends, and I absolutely love it for creating under paintings.
- Gouache Liner - As usual we try to include a brush for doing fine lines that is cohesive with the whole set, and this brush works great for small detail and linework while occasionally showing off its watery gouache roots.
Here's some detail shots from the fantastic art provided by Dean Stuart: