Introducing PENCILS 2019 - our new flagship set of pencil brushes for Procreate. This is a really essential set of brushes for any digital artist, and sure to be your next go-to pencils! This set contains 4 brushes, but we've programmed a TON of functionality into each brush, so you can focus more on drawing and less on switching tools. Oh yea... and they work great in color!
One of the special features of these pencils are in the extra expressive lines you can get with our unique tilt settings. Now you can be as expressive as with a real pencil - you can morph a line from thin-and-fine, to large-and-soft in a single stroke by tilting the Apple Pencil. Check out this demonstration of a single pencil brush in action!
PENCILS 2019 Includes:
- Standard Gold - This brush is the main work-horse of this set, and is the most equivalent to your typical HB pencil. You can tilt the Apple Pencil to get a softer or harder line, or tilt way on the side for shading as in the animation above.
- Blunt - Very similar to Standard Gold, but "chunkier", and capable of a fatter line. The tip behavior is slightly modified to better suit the blunt look.
- Soft Lead - This is a very clean and solid line, great for clear detail and precision. Generally a softer feel and smoother look with clean edges.
- Super Fine - As the name suggests this is a very delicate and fine line, that naturally skips the peaks and valleys of the "paper" texture a bit. Great for hair/whispy fine lines.
Here's some detail shots from the fantastic art provided by Dean Stuart:
Procreate 4 is here, and its amazing! You can now install a LOT of brushes at once using the new Files app in iOS 11. We recommend backing up your purchase using an iCloud account (its free), or syncing them to Files with iTunes.
First things first... USE SAFARI on iPad!
Also make sure you open the link in the full Safari app (it must be Safari, no other browser will work), as the side-loaded one gmail/other email apps use won’t work.
Tip Top Brush sets use the new "Brushset" file format made available in Procreate 4.2+. This is great! You can now load brushes with one single file. Once you've completed your purchase, select the blue button "access digital content" and you will be presented with a list of your purchased brush sets.
If it ends in *.brushset, it is the file you want (color swatches go in the swatches menu.)
1. Using Safari on iPad, tap the file and wait for it download (might take a few minutes if you have a slow collection, the brushes often use high resolution textures). Most sets are around 30MB, but it tells you next to the file name. Please make sure once you click the brush file name you give it long enough to download, especially if you have a slower internet connection. Once you click the link it will begin loading another page, but it won’t look like much is happening until it’s done.
2. Now select "Open in Procreate". Done! The set can be found as a new group in the brushes menu.