Storybook Brushes is a brand new collection of beautiful, broken-line brushes FULL of character for Procreate on iPad. Maximum effort has gone into each brush, to ensure they feel natural, smooth, and behave just like their real-world counterparts with no aliasing or other unwanted artifacts.
These brushes give you organic, natural broken lines effortlessly. They were designed (and are perfect for) children's books, picture books of all kinds, or any illustration needing a look full of character and natural texture.
Storybook Brushes includes:
- Rough Liner - My favorite brush, this is the main brush I use to do broken linework full of that storybook character! As you can see, the line naturally breaks as if skipping across the grain of the paper.
- Medium Rough Liner - Similar to the Rough Liner, but the line doesn't break as much. Good middle-of-the-road option.
- Solid Liner - This one has barely-noticeable microscopic line breaks, better for lettering and when the skips get in the way of what you're trying to do.
- Rough Shader PS - This was the brush used almost exclusively to make the product artwork. It's pressure sensitive, which controls light/darkness, excellent for shading and getting a more "painterly" look. One of my new favorites!
- Thick Color - Totally dense, this will let you do flat coloring bit retaining those nice, natural looking edges :)
- Thick Color PS - Pressure sensitive version of Thick Color.
You'll need the latest version of procreate to take advantage of all the brush features, and preferably an Apple Pencil for the pressure sensitive brushes