Introducing RULL 2022 - an easy-to-use, fluid set of paint-roller brushes for Procreate 5.2+. inspired by the famous "Nikko Rull" brush from revered Procreate and concept art veteran Nikolai Lockertsen.
These brushes are fantastic for traditional painting techniques like "tiling" in values and colors, which you can either leave as a stylized painting or blend together to create finessed masterpieces. The value in these brushes is in the beautiful blocky and at times aggressive strokes, and ability to use traditional painting techniques digitally. We've tuned these brushes to have very painterly qualities, at times you can almost feel the paint! Much attention went into the "feel" of these, I really wanted some nice updated blocky rulls for Procreate 5.2+.
Though these have the feeling of a paint roller, we gave them a crunchy, crisp texture that creates wonderfully natural contrast with layers. These brushes are very pressure responsive, press softly for a light touch of texture, or press really hard for the crunchiest heavy roller.
RULL 2022 Includes:
- Old Roller: Our favorite of the bunch! This brush has a massive dynamic range, Press softly for very smeary, washed-out feathered layers of texture. Press harder for crispy-crunchy bold n' blocky paint rolls with dynamic colors baked in. Very expressive and fun to get loose with!
- Low Paint: A really necessary component to this set, this stroke has lots of "holes" in it that look like your paint roller is dry/running out of paint. Useful for layering and revealing texture beneath.
- Smooth: A great paint roller with a smoother texture and flow, useful for blocking in larger areas of color or smoothing out areas.
- Streaky: This has a "wash" look to it, a bit transparent and preserves stroke texture even when going back over areas making for a really great texture brush.
- Loaded Paint: A big blocky boy! When you need a big chunky filler with another unique texture, this is your go-to.
- Gritty: A bit softer, but some really nice dynamic texture and edges on this one. The real benefit from all these brushes comes when you combine them together!
Here's some detail shots:
Procreate 5 is here, and its amazing! You can now install a LOT of brushes at once using the new Files app in iOS 11. We recommend backing up your purchase using an iCloud account (its free), or syncing them to Files with iTunes.
First things first... USE SAFARI on iPad!
Also make sure you open the link in the full Safari app (it must be Safari, no other browser will work), as the side-loaded one that gmail/other email apps use won’t work.
Note: Brush files end in *.brushset
Once you click the file name/download button, a blue arrow in a circle should appear in the top right corner of Safari. This is the "downloads" area. Tap this icon and you should see your download appear in a list like so:
Simply tap the file and it should automatically open in Procreate. Depending on if you've performed this before, it may ask you what you want to do with the file after tapping it, in which case you would simply find the Procreate icon and send it there.