Ink Wash is an exciting new collection of 10 hand made ink wash brushes for Procreate on iPad. These are dual-purpose brushes, they can be used to either paint your own washes, or 'stamp' them with a press for the natural shape!
Based on original high-res scans, the source paintings were made with authentic artist-quality ink on 100% cotton, 300 LB hot press Arches watercolor paper. These brushes are rendered at the absolute highest quality possible in the Procreate brush engine.
Included are 10 brushes:
- Light Wash - This is a soft general wash, great for adding tone and shading to define forms, capable of accumulating from very light to very dark.
- Water Lines - Captures the ink being pulled from one wash to another, great for connecting shapes and adding a natural feel.
- Soft Shader - Another general wash, but even softer and less textural.
- Dark Granulate - A darker brush, which captures the texture of ink naturally granulating and creating the 'tendrils' look.
- Hard Edge - This brush has a medium hard edge on one side, and a very hard edge on the other.
- Hard Bleed - this brush has a solid, well-defined shape in the center, which bleeds out to gray tones. One of my favorites to paint solids, and also stamp down for instant ink wash look!
- Hard Soft Edge - This brush has a hard edge on one side, and a very soft faded edge on the other. Paints really well!
- Bloom Wash 1 - This brush is mostly soft all around. The paper was pre-wet, and ink was dropped into the center and allowed to bloom out into a beautiful shape.
- Bloom Wash 2 - Another variation of the bloom wash for variety.
- Solid Wash - Similar to the Hard Bleed brush, but this has softer edges.
You'll need the latest version of procreate to take advantage of all the brush features, and preferably an Apple Pencil for the pressure sensitive brushes.